Friday, May 16, 2014


The beach of Kapiti Island.



We pounced along the small, sharp pebbles, that suddenly, turned into gigantic mammoth like, cragged rocks that left my feet in agonizing pain as we leapt from one to another. Together, Nikita and I had finally got to the end, after so many jagged rocks stabbing into our sensitive feet. Horrible blisters were left for us to deal with when we got back to our homes.


We slowly got closer to the boys, I watched their cocky egos jumping into the freezing, shallow water. I had been wanting to soak myself into the tranquil ocean, with Nikita and Maddie, but decided not to. I hopped back to the start and sat myself comfortably on a log, on the shelly, rough sand. I looked out and decided to go out for a swim.. It was cold as heck. I dipped my face under ever so slightly, then I felt a cold hand on my back, I looked behind me it was Nikita she smiled as she pushed me in. I laughed. I continued swimming as I got used to the cold water that covered my skin. My mind slowly drifted off as I floated along the waters of Kapiti Island.


By Sivai Tuivaiti

No comments:

Post a Comment